Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I found Jesus. He was hiding in my fucking calendar.

Fuck alot of this shit! Seriously?!

What percentage of people are religious? A pretty decent number. Now religion wouldn't bother me so much if it weren't for the fact that it is continually shoved in everyone's faces. I'm quiet and respectful of other's beliefs..... at least when in company. The internet is made for bitching.

Here's the thing:
I just came home from the store - Walmart of all places - where I purchased a calendar. There were many calendars available, some of them with religious messages or connotations to them. Due to my own personal beliefs, I chose NOT to purchase a calendar that had any religious message or overtones. A bought a calendar with fucking pies on it. Yes. PIES. Pies don't seem to be a very religious thing, at least I didn't think so. Did Jesus eat pie at the last supper? NO. But what do I find when I open my calendar? A cardboard insert, intended for keeping the calendar's shape while in the store. This insert could have been a plain, boring, brown piece of trash. Instead, it was a brown, boring, piece of trash COVERED in Bible verses and other religious jargon.

Why? My life doesn't need to be invaded with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment