Tuesday, June 22, 2010

7 Months of San Diego

I should really post something more than once a month.... at least slightly more.

Yesterday the radio traffic report informed me that the highway was full of teddy bears. Unfortunately it was not the highway that I was on. If it had been I may have stopped for a souvenir, or at least an interesting photo. I haven't been doing much real photography lately, so it would have been nice to get some interesting shots. San Diego is a beautiful place, but most of the sights are very.... photo typical. It's not really anything that hasn't been seen or that would peak any interest. I'd really like to get a decent portfolio going so that I could possibly get some work doing wedding photography. I would also need a better camera though. Something that has been on my "WANT" list for a couple years now, but has never made its way to top priority. I mean, how could it when there are super important things like whips, corsets and knives to buy??! lol.

In other news, I've discovered over the past few months that I mesh well with San Diego drivers. I've always been an aggressive driver, which never really suited my previous demographic. It blends well here. Some drivers can be assholes, but it's that way no matter where you are. For the most part I have discovered that San Diego drivers will let you do/go where you want as long as you take the initiative. If you are hesitant, it won't work. If you sit there, slow down and wait for someone to let you in.... it might work, but not in real traffic, only if you're coming out of a parking lot or something. If you just take your car and put it where you need to be, people will make way for you. It seems to be a mutual thing of respect even, lol. Oh, and you have to be driving fast - always - in order for this to work. But... that's never been much of a problem for me.

I also have gotten so used to 4+ lane highways, that I now feel cramped when driving on a 2-3 lane highway. I was never really afraid of big highways though.... like pretty much everyone back home. 

Until next time, kids; hit me up with photography suggestions - my creativity is currently void.

1 comment:

  1. I would probably die in San Diego traffic, it seems.

    ReplyDelete