Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Update

So, I should probably update on a few points here:

1) We decided not to have a wedding.

2) We decided to have a wedding again.... I don't know what is going on, but I think it's driving me insane. We were going to do it in Vegas. Then everyone in my family still wanted to be included in some way. So we were going to just go home to visit everyone (since we live across the country and haven't seen most of them in about 9 months) and have a small get-together. Well, my intention of a small get-together, has slowly made its way to being a full wedding reception. I'm really not that pleased this. My mom and my gramparents are putting their opinions in more than I require. They're also volunteering to assist in paying for the reception, which requires me to care what they think. *grumble grumble*
Then a further complication. My man's best man lives near us. If we do the wedding in Vegas, he can come, but no one in my family can. So we're thinking of doing it in Niagara Falls. It's only about an hour's drive for the folks at home. But then the best man has already made plans for that weekend. Another part of our problem is that I LOVE procrastinating. So.... he can be included if we do it in the middle of the week. It doesn't really bother me to do it at an inconvenient time for others, if it's easier for me, lol. But then my family started bitching about that being inappropriate. OMG. *sigh* Could they make my life more difficult?
This has been stressing me out way too much. I'm looking into finding an outdoor locale, so we can do the reception cheaper and more informally. But so far I can't find anywhere that will allow us to use the space cheaply. I'm going to check into the peninsula. But if we have it there, then none of our guests can drink. There's no alcohol allowed in the state park. But we don't drink, so it really doesn't bother me at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment