Thursday, May 7, 2009

Un-fucking-believable

Ok, so I really need this rant right now.

This week is finals week for me. Not only is it the craziest week of the semester, but I am graduating - so it is the craziest week of my life (so far). Now aside from all the work I finished up last week or over the weekend, I had 2 papers due on Tues, 1 paper due today (Thurs) and I have a bunch of essays to prepare for a final tomorrow morning still.

Now there is a bit of confusion here. You see, I finished my first 2 papers, handed one in on Tues and one in on Wed, these are both not only for the same professor, but for one class. Now, this paper I had to write for today had to be twice the length of those other papers. It is also, strangely enough, for the same professor. However, the reason this paper had to be so long was because it was for an independent study course - for which I received no other assignments all semester - so I had to thusly demonstrate in one paper a whole semester's worth of knowledge. I'm not complaining because I really didn't have the free time during the rest of the semester, so even though this option makes for an excruciating week for me, I like it.

So.... I get to work on this paper around 10 this morning. I have no idea what to write about and since I didn't have assignments all semester I obviously didn't keep up with the reading. Not even just that; I actually hadn't read anything at all and had absolutely ZERO knowledge about the subject matter. Lucky me. So I spend a few hours in the morning just reading through lectures and gleaming enough knowledge that I can come up with a topic and do further research. I finally find one and begin writing, but I constantly have to go look up information, which makes the whole process extremely painful.

I went through this ongoing pain for about 9 hours before I decided to take a little break. I was at a computer in the library so I decided to go check and see if any more of my grades had been posted to eLion. I highly doubted it, since I had just handed in work for one class yesterday, I still have a final tomorrow and one of my bitchy profs is fuckin' slow (yeah....). I figured it was a long shot, but it's almost the end of finals week so maybe I'll get lucky. I'm surprised to see that 6 out of 8 classes have grades posted for them already. (No grade from the fucking slow bitch prof of course.)

This wouldn't normally bother me except for one small detail. There is already a grade posted for the class which I'm currently working on the paper for. The same class in which I have had no assignments all semester and therefore have no basis on which to have a grade.

I've been given a B.

Now, I seriously don't want to complain about getting a B for doing no work. I just wish I would have known sooner that I could get a B for doing no work. Also, I'm extremely fucking pissed that I just wasted 11 hours writing a paper that doesn't even fucking matter when I could have been working on essays for my final tomorrow morning that IS going to fucking matter!!! omg I could kill someone.

I'm not sure if this is a blessing or a curse. I figure it is possible that he made a mistake. Perhaps he saw that he had papers from me and associated one of them with the wrong class......except that wouldn't make sense because they are about completely different things.....

I almost punched the fuckin' computer and left. But....then I contemplated the possibility that he accidentally gave me that grade and could take it back when he realizes what he did. Well, I figure, on the off chance that happens I should finish the paper. So, somehow, I muster up the audacity to spend another 2 hours finishing a bullshit, worthless fucking paper. The only consolation I find in this is that if I got a B in that class for doing nothing maybe once he sees that I actually wrote a fucking paper he will raise my grade. I figure is nothing is worth a B, then something should be worth at least an A-, don't ya think??

Wow.......... fuck this shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment