Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I've started a new job :)

A job which actually requires some level of education and competency! This is (both fortunately and unfortunately) a big first for me. All the jobs I've had before didn't really require me to be intelligent or learned in any way. They were just jobs you got and they told you what to do, you did it and you got paid. End of story. Well, when I did sound design for theater it wasn't the same sort of mindless drivel.... however, I never considered it really special, b/c even though I loved it, I was literally the only person on campus who knew how to do it. So I was the only choice, lol.
However, this job is awesome. I feel a sense of accomplishment because I had to actually take a test and get a high enough score before they would even offer me the job. I also had to audition and do a standard interview. For those of you who don't know: I'm TERRIBLE at interviews. Absolutely dreadful. Yet, I still managed to do ALL of this and land this job. I'm pleased as punch. :) Although I'm really not sure how pleased punch could truly be... unless it's been carrying on a long-distance relationship with my small intestine and is pleased to have finally arranged a meeting. This gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "I want to be inside you."
I might have the sense of humor of a perverse, 15 yr old, nerdy boy....

Now all I need to do is navigate the labyrinthine company website where I am to access all my payroll, training materials and other important information. A tedious task in and of itself. Huzzah, none the less, mother fuckers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment