Tuesday, June 23, 2009

With minimal objections to my sanity....


(or what the kitten has titled: ;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p)

I have a kitten. grrr. meow. Ouch, mother fucker, why am I continuously being climbed?!

Ok, as you may or may not be aware, I am a complete sucker for animals. Not only am I the type who thinks they're adorable, I'm also the type how wants to take them in, and care for them, and the type who gets pissed when people are not treating their own animals properly.

I found an adorable kitten outside my gramma's house a few days ago. My gramma begins to freak out about calling the shelter and how somebody is dumping poor cats in her neighborhood, yatta, yatta, yatta. I love my gramma, and she's an amazingly caring woman, but she is greatly prone to anxiety, over-talking and repeating herself....repeatedly. I decide to just take it home. It was cute and, once again, I'm a sucker.

So now, the kitten is living in my room for the moment. I didn't want to throw it into the rest of the house b/c there are many other animals and it is still rather defensive. So now, not only is there a mini cat litter box in my room (gross!), but the other cats are all freaking. I made a secondary mistake of pitying the rest of the cats in the house. They don't get fed - properly or enough - and I don't fucking agree with this. Despite my wont to do it myself, I do not have the money tp keep it up. I've been feeding them for a week or so, but now every cat in the house thinks that it is my cat. Every time my door opens and I attempt to exit the room I have cat frantically running into my legs to get inside. I've gotten to the point where I put food in the livingroom, just to get them out of my room. I don't want them to be scared of me, but I have to keep throwing them out and I feel bad. Once again: SUCKER.

Oh, did I mention there is also a cat living on our porch? Which I am feeding. He's actually the reason I bought a bag of cat food to begin with. Now all the other cats are hogs (which I can't really blame them for going bonkers over food, when they barely get any) and I don't have food for the cats that primarily need it. The fact is that the cats here DO get fed....sometimes, I'm pretty sure. But the cat on the porch doesn't, nor does the kitten, unless I isolate her from the greedy cats.

It has gotten to the point where I really wish I hadn't started feeding them b/c they are driving me fucking insane. OMFG.I think I just have to stop. I will feed my cats, which including the new kitten there are 3 of, and my bunnies. Oh, and my lizards. And the hedgehog. Yeah..... I think I've got too much on my plate already. Grrr.

The kitten doesn't have a name yet. It probably should get one relatively soon, seeing as how it appears she will be staying. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment