Saturday, October 3, 2009

Drugs are bad, mmkay?

I'm not always keen on trying or doing new things, but if I'm going to do something I go all out.

For instance, I don't like taking drugs. In this category I include normal, over-the-counter medications. However, I'm certainly not going to take something if I don't think it will do it's job.

I get really bad headaches. They can be so bad that when I let them go untreated for too long I ended up spending a hellish evening in the ER. Now, I take something for it before I get to the point where nothing short of an IV will help. I really don't want that to happen again....mostly because I fucking hated having an IV in my arm.

I'm also sick right now. But I will only take medication if something gets to the point of being unbearable. When my throat was so sore that I couldn't talk I went to the grocery store and got the cold medicine with the highest dose of Acetaminophen. I'm not sure why every other medicine had the same amount except this one, but I had been taking headache medicine for a cold, so I figured I needed something else. I'm also really big on only taking medicine for the specific symptoms I have. At first, when it was only the sore throat I didn't need medicine that also included drugs for congestion, sneezing, etc.

A large part of my reasoning behind not taking various forms of drugs to begin with is that it does not tend to easily affect me. I'm not sure why, but as far as I have noticed my body doesn't respond normally to chemicals. Also, at least in the case of taking medicine, I tend to ignore or overlook things until they get so bad that I'm unable to ignore them. Once I get to that point I'm usually beyond the help of 250mg.

No comments:

Post a Comment