Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Pagans are wicked awesome

I get along very well with pagans. I'm not sure why. I'm not pagan, I'm not really religious at all, but their personalities seem to mesh well with mine. I never discuss religion with them so it isn't a direct correspondence. I don't really know much about modern paganism. I know the basics of the concepts behind it, but I don't any more about the different strains of paganism that are around now than someone who says "All Christians believe in Jesus and are therefore all the same."

The concept interests me. Especially since I have never actively tried to befriend pagans (Should pagans be capitalized? Probably, but I wouldn't want to go all "politically correct" now, lol). I have never been extremely close friends with any pagans, none that I've been on "best friend" terms, or anything like that, but I've been casual friends with enough of them to realize that there's something to it. I know it's not directly due to the fact that they're pagans, but I also know that there is a vast array of personality traits that one must possess to be open-minded about religion and a number of other of life's mysteries.... and some of those traits must be present in order for me to really want to get to know someone. Or, more importantly, for me to actually be able to stand being around them for any significant length of time.

1 comment:

  1. I never new any pagans until I moved to PA, and then all of my friends were of the pagan persuasion. It could be that I met a couple that introduced me to the rest of their friends, but these are now people that are very dear to me.

    I doubt that they are my friends specifically because they are pagan, but I do think that the same things that led them to be pagan are what attracted me to them. Openness, thoughtfulness, nonconformism. These are people that are not going to sit around and just accept discriminating and oppressive teachings just because of OMGGOD! They have been a voice of reason, in an otherwise cacophony of hate.

    ReplyDelete