Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Perhaps a beginning...

Inspiration is fleeting and should never be squandered. But at what expense? We often put things off, thinking that they can wait. How many times have ideas been lost forever because we didn't have the necessary time to bring them to life? It also leaves one to wonder what your priorities are. If I'm sitting at work and I'm suddenly struck by inspiration it is likely I will ignore it. Perhaps I will daydream about it for a minute or two, compose something that sounds more brilliant in my head than anything I've ever committed to paper, sometimes I will ever scratch out a note to myself, under the guise that I will be able to pick up the inspiration again, right where I dropped it off. But that seldom happens. I'm not the type to get inspired often. I will have a few moments, or sentences of brilliance and then rant off into the night. Sometimes my brain works so fast that I will lose something important to the ether before I'm able to finish fleshing out the current thought. And then it's gone. Like it never even happened. So what does one sacrifice in order to do what feels right?

No comments:

Post a Comment