Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Horse is a Horse, of course

Some guy I spoke to on the phone at work the other night definitely offered me a horse, in exchange for fixing his email. I told him I would have taken him up on the offer, except that I had no where to keep a horse, lol.

The problem was that the guy lives out in the country, where he can have his horses, but because he lives in the country the only internet access he has available is DIAL-UP. That's just plain cruel right there. Other countries have deemed high-speed internet to be a basic human right and, although I think that's a little bit silly, I do still think that we have a long way to go in this country to getting everyone affordable high-speed internet access. I just don't think we need to call it a basic human right in order to convey that this is something everyone is entitled to.

Anywho, I had really already fixed the guy's problem before he even offered me the horse. But since he had dial-up and was on the phone with me (haha, 7th grade memories) he couldn't actually test what I had told him until he was off the phone. Plus I couldn't tell him what steps to take with 100% certainty because he didn't even know what browser he was using.... yeesh... when I asked he told me Net Zero, lol. I'm like, ok.... well, they could have their own browser built-in, similar in evil to AOL.

But when he FINALLY did get off the phone with me he never called back. The phones were dead for most of the night too, so that means it must have worked. It also means he now owes me a horse. Although he did say that he had one crappy horse.... I wonder what qualifies a horse as crappy. My boyfriend said I should have asked him if his horse was amazing.... or if it tasted like raisins.

Frankly, this horse is supposed to be amazing, but it looks pretty crappy to me:

No comments:

Post a Comment