Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Womanly Endeavors

Today I cooked.

Since I'm dieting I don't like to eat very much. The fact of the matter is that I'm not hungry very much and I'm trying to avoid eating unless I'm hungry. I've discovered if I eat a big lunch in the mid-afternoon that it does me good for pretty much the whole day. I don't get hungry much sooner than that, considering my typical day begins around 10. It also helps b/c if I'm going to work in the evening I will have just eaten before leaving for work, thusly eliminating the dangerous potential for getting hungry at work and eating something terrible.

It also works out pretty good with the boyfriend's schedule. If I cook a late lunch for me it ends up being an early dinner for him as well. Plus if I make enough he still has food when I go to work.

So today I made that time-honored, family-dreading cliche that is a CASSEROLE. Haha. It was the first casserole I ever made. I'm not entirely sure if the boyfriend is sold on the idea of shoving all your food together, but he seemed to enjoy it. I'm pretty content with making one thing, but he tends to gravitate toward a more rounded meal, i.e. meat and potatoes (or at least side dishes of some sort). It still had meat in it, chicken to be precise, as I doubt my boyfriend would be capable of eating a meal that lacked meat, lol. (Although he has developed a recent fondness for tofu...) I mixed in a variety of veggies: carrots, broccoli and water chestnuts, and topped it with stuffing. I thought it was yummy, only problem is there is a TON leftover. I guess I will be eating it again tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I love casseroles, but I never seem to want to make them. There is something about having to turn on the oven that makes it feel like the meal is going to take forever, AND I WANT IT NOW!!!

    ReplyDelete