Sunday, March 22, 2009

Something that has always bothered me...

On Peach St, pretty much the biggest, busiest street in town, there is a Catholic school. I don't know who in their right mind decided to smack a children's school into the middle of a busy, commercial section of town.The only logic I can see behind it is that Catholic schools are truly more of a business than they are anything else.
Now, on top of all this you have the fact that there is, of course, a school zone. A school zone, with it's amazing 15mph speed limit coupled with the inane fact that this is on a street that otherwise is so busy they made the speed limit 40mph. (This is notable because typically the speed limit in the city does not exceed 35mph. You don't find the 40mph roads until you get in out into the country moreso.)
I can't imagine that I am really the only person who finds this outrageous. There obviously was a complete lack of logic thought that went into the placement of this school.

I think that they don't need a school zone. The Catholics already think they're so much better than everyone else, surely it wouldn't be a big task for them to just ask God to protect their children from being idiots who run into oncoming traffic. Problem solved: I don't have to sit in traffic jams on the way to work. No one has to road rage. And the Catholics can finally prove their faith to the rest of humanity, I mean, they don't have any doubts, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment