Monday, September 7, 2009

Crunch time

I'm hoping to fill much of the remaining time with moving preparations.

Alot has happened and there's still alot to do. Mike is no longer coming with us. Truthfully I was worried about many of the implications of bringing him with us, but was trying to overcome them. He didn't really have the money, but he was working on it....or at least had said that he was. I really can never be quite sure. He still had issues with paying off his truck and wasn't quite sure that it would be 100% reliable if we were using it to move everything.

Well, whatever. There were a lot of complications, but if Mike decided he can't go that's all there is to it. The fucked up part is that he never told us, technically he still hasn't told us. I asked his girlfriend about his plans (in what I intended to be a casual manner) only to find out that they weren't quite what we had been told. I feel kind of bad now that she had to tell me when I know she didn't want to get in the middle of things, but I'm grateful that she did. I had been trying to discuss things with Mike for the last 2 weeks (at least) and he had been continually blowing me off. At first I attributed this to him wanting to spend time with his girlfriend, which I gladly gave him space to do, but then he continued to ignore me even when he wasn't busy and she was at work. I was trying not to barge in on his "couple time", but he immediately stopped responding to me once I mentioned anything about getting together or talking at all. I thought it was rude, but not entirely out of character for Mike.

So, after having spoken with his girlfriend I talked to Roger. It was apparent that Mike was ignoring us b/c he wanted to think of some excuse for why he couldn't come. I even suggested that maybe Roger just tell him has was no longer welcome; that would alleviate his stress over coming up with some bullshit reason. Roger decided to talk to him about the whole thing. It should have been easier since he didn't have to break it to us himself. Roger called him: no response. He texted him: no response. Left a message: no response. Numerous attempts at all of this, and nothing. So Roger calls his mom, in a well-deserved low blow, to find out what was going on. She confirmed what we already knew; Mike no longer wanted to come, but was being too much of a pussy to just tell us. Then Roger talked to Josh. Even Josh knew what was going on! To me that in itself is just a slap in the face.

Now that we knew everything and still hadn't talked to Mike Roger kind of started to send him some defamatory text messages. A little below the belt, but nothing he didn't deserve. When Mike finally decided he would do us the honor of responding, he still denied the allegations. Ouch.

So, whatever. After some back and forth Roger eventually texted him and said that we needed a decision and didn't care what it was. No response.

So, we extended the invitation to Kyle. We had kind of mentioned it to him before, but seeing as how we already had a full house the offer hadn't been a big thing. I feel bad throwing it on him all of the sudden, but we do need to know what's going on ASAP. I know he doesn't want to burden us by coming along without a job lined up, but I also know that it's difficult to secure a job from across the country, especially if you have to tell any potential employers that you aren't going to be available for another 2 months. Yeah, it's a tough situation, but he's supposed to try to sort things out by the end of this week or so. Hopefully we can solidify some things by then. No pressure..... lol.

I'm going to have to figure out my apartment situation in the next 2 weeks or so - MAX. The really big ordeal now is going to be figuring out the physical move itself, without Mike and his truck coming with us. I'm going to have to crunch some numbers and see what I can come up with. Also, we actually have to apply for an apartment.... *sigh* Most of the info I've read says that they require credit checks as well as proof of income. Well, I have the decent credit and Roger has the good job. So I'm not exactly sure how we're going to get through the application process.

On top of all this I've put my GRE studies on the back burner, which I'm not happy to admit. I really need to get things on track. I've been working way more than I need or want to and it's been taking it's toll. My little mini-vacation here has been amazing and definitely helpful in clearing my mind, but in a few short days it's back to the grind. The only relief is the approaching deadlines, as well as my approaching end of my current employment. I'm not exactly sure why deadlines are relief to me, I'm just more comfortable working to deadlines than anything else. Long live procrastination.

No comments:

Post a Comment