Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Me & my pets


I put up a note on facebook today about getting rid of some of my pets, since we can't move them all. I know logically that they can't come. I've been planning to get rid of them. I had just been putting it off b/c it didn't seem like something I should do so soon and now that I'm finally doing it I've realized how unhappy I am about it.

Damn my incessant attachment!

It sucks. I wish my mom would have taken Chives. Then I could at least get updates on him, know he's ok and see him when we come to visit. I'm trying to really hard to not give any of them to strangers, but that doesn't always mean I'll have the opportunity to check up on them.

I know I'm being silly, but, eh.... it happens. I know that eventually they will die and I would be just as upset then.

I love animals way too much. I have stated numerous times, in all seriousness, that I would open a wildlife reserve if it was within my means.

In other animal news, I got to play vet today when I gave my 3 foot long lizard an enema. Very uhm.......interesting. Not what I'd like to do all day, lol. Truthfully though, the worst part was that I was afraid of hurting her.

No comments:

Post a Comment