Sunday, January 3, 2010

Big Brother is after the crazy drivers

Also, the Looking Good and Not Being Douchebags.... does NOT apply to driving. When driving here people just kind of go and expect you to make way for them. Drivers are just as dumb as anywhere else in the nation, but they drive significantly faster while being so dumb.

There are cameras at nearly all major intersections and many speed limit signs note that speed is "Regulated by Radar", but I haven't seen any proof of that so far. People do behave themselves at the intersections though, those cameras are unforgiving and I've already had a run-in with them myself.

People seem to speed a lot more on the freeways than on the streets, which is pretty typical. But one thing that I find nice is the speed limit on most major streets. Unless you are on a small, residential street the speed limit tends to be 40 or 45. This is pretty good in my opinion, considering I normally drove around that speed on roads that I wasn't supposed to. I know 38th street in Erie was just bullshit. The speed limit was 25mph almost the whole way across it because there were houses on at least one side, most of the time. But the fact of the matter is that it is a major street and the speed limit just didn't make sense. It was also rarely abided by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment