Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Sherlock Holmes

Iron Man + Sherlock Holmes = YUM.

I only really say that because Iron Man was when I first really noticed Robert Downey Jr. And after reading about his sordid past I understand why. Now I absolutely love him. I don't usually both with celebrities, but if I had to pick my favorite actors/actresses he would be among them. (I avoid saying that I would pick him for my 1 favorite b/c I avoid those sort of choices all together.)

The movie was pretty awesome. I always adore anything set in that time frame. Although I like knowing that there will be a sequel, I do kind of get annoyed when the ignore ending the movie by replacing an ending with a cliffhanger that leaves you waiting for the sequel. I would rather have resolution, and then a bit of a hint of "maybe". It was brilliant regardless.

Plus, now that I have Robert Downey Jr mentally pictured as Sherlock Holmes, I might be able to finally read the books. :)


I eagerly awaited the sequel, along with Iron Man 2, of course.

1 comment:

  1. I have had a crush on RDJr for quite some time now (mainly since he was on Ally McBeal). Iron Man was Oh So Yum! And now I watched Holmes twice just for that scene ^_^

    The one thing that creeps me out, though, is that the older he gets, the more he looks EXACTLY LIKE my godfather. The resemblance didn't exist until a couple of years ago, and now I am severely torn.

    ReplyDelete